IF YOU’RE A BUSINESS OWNER
THERE’S A STRONG CHANCE THAT YOU’VE HEARD ABOUT DATA CABLING– IN TERMS OF NETWORKS AND INTERNET CAPABILITIES. IT’S THE NEWEST THING. THE INDUSTRY IS ALL ABUZZ ABOUT IT. BUT WHAT IS IT, REALLY? WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO SWITCH FROM TRADITIONAL WIRING?
VOICE & DATA CABLING FAQS
Why do I need data cabling?
- Data cabling is the best way to enhance your network’s capabilities.
- In contrast to traditional wiring, data cabling is designed to be faster and more efficient, which allows your business to operate at a higher rate of speed.
- It also has the capability to integrate your phone system into the network allowing for features such as reading your voicemail on your computer screen.
What’s the difference between data cabling and standard wiring?
- Data cabling can perform all of your cabling needs in one convenient package.
- Instead of running phone lines, internet lines, and other types of wiring.
- Data cabling can do it all, providing a much more consistent and easy-to-use integrated system.
CARRIER SERVICES FAQS
How do you tell if the phone line is analog or digital?
- Look at the back of the telephone connected to it. If you see “complies with part 68, FCC Rules” and a Ringer Equivalence Number (REN), then the phone and the line are analog.
- Also, look at the phone’s dialpad. Are there multiple function keys?
- Do you need to dial “9″ for an outside line? These are indicators that the phone and the line are digital.
If you’re thinking of connecting your phone, modem, or fax machine to your office’s digital phone system, DON’T!
- Though digital lines carry lower voltages than analog lines, they still pose a threat to your analog equipment!
- At the very least, your equipment may not function properly.
- In the worst case, you could zap your communications tools into oblivion.
What are digital lines?
- The newer of the two, digital technology breaks your voice signal into binary code—a series of 1s and 0s—transfers it to the other end where another device (phone or modem) takes all the numbers and reassembles them into the original signal.
- The beauty of digital is that it knows what it should be when it reaches the end of the transmission. That way, it can correct any errors that may have occurred in the data transfer.What does all that mean to you?
- Clarity! In most cases, you’ll get distortion-free conversations.
- You’ll get more, too. The nature of digital technology allows it to cram lots of those 1s and 0s together into the same space an analog signal uses.
- Like your button-rich phone at work, that means more features can be crammed into the digital signal.
CLOUD PBX FAQS
What is a Cloud PBX?
- Cloud PBX is a new Internet phone technology which is making phone services cheaper and more convenient for many people around the globe.
- Cloud PBX uses Cloud PBX – voice over internet protocol- technology
Are there More Advantages of a Cloud PBX?
- Yes, Vivid Solutions can choose from the very best of the emerging technologies and upgrade your system with little or no hardware costs.
- Another benefit of a PBX phone system is that your business telephone service can grow with your business, add capabilities when needed and remove capabilities when needed.
- You choose the services, and the Vivid Solutions Cloud PBX will meet your needs.